Welcome to the IAMS!
The International Association of Manichaean Studies (IAMS)
is a scholary, non-profit association formed in 1989 to encourage and promote research on Manichaeism
in all its many aspects and its relationship with other religious and philosophical currents. According to the Statutes of IAMS,
- promote international collaboration in Manichaean research among individual researchers and
scholary organizations and institutions
- advance the dissemination of information about work in progress and new discoveries in the field
- facilitate full access to and publication of Manichaean source materials
- support projects for editing Manichaean sources
- identify priorities for research at a given time
- publish the Manichaean Studies Newsletter at least annually
- organize periodic international congresses and symposia.
Individuals and institutions with a research interest in Manichaeism are very welcome to join the IAMS.
Contact: Gunner Mikkelsen, Secretary